Erasmus Forum Austria.
Mozart's homeland. Information about erasmus in Austria.
User

swien

Rank

Contributing

Contributing

Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:50 pm

Vienna (Wien) erasmus

by swien » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:02 pm

To make it short - Vienna is a great city!
I studied on WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business) - its a great university. It requires that you work along with the study, but dont worry, you can still party :)
If you will go to Wien I recommend Haus Erazmus student campus because it is mainly populated with erasmus students - so you will not be "alone" if you're going by yourself :)
In this campus you will meet alot of USA folk, Canadians, Chinese people.. BUT!! if you wanna learn german language then I suggest that you go to Panorama or Haus Europa student campus. This campus are popular, so I suggest you send an aplication before you go. The rooms in all campuses are really big - you can choose 1bed room or 2beds room - all rooms have free internet, wc, fridge. Kitchen is common for all rooms on the floor. The campuses also have their fitness, sauna, study rooms...
For travelling around - underground is the best, but you also have bus and tramcar. You can buy a semester ticket - costs 117€ and is valid for whole semester.
Food is good, but i suggest you make some food at home - its the cheapest and healthiest way ;) Otherwise lunch costs around 5-7€.
So my expenses were something like this: accomodation: 240€ per month, semester ticket 117€ (per 6 months), study material 20€ per month, nightlife - well depends on you ;)
no avatar
User

hamurabi

Rank

Active

Active

Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:05 am

Re: Vienna (Wien) erasmus

by hamurabi » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm

Hello swien,

Maybe you saw my thread, since that I'm going to Vienna for Erasmus Exchange for next semester, I'm looking for accomodation -- mostly dormitories.

I noticed you mentioned three of the dormitories and that all three of them were on my shortlist, I'd like to ask you about them in detail?
Beside the information you'll give me, I'd like to ask you that if you happy in Haus Erasmus? Was there anything that bothered you minorly/majorly?
What other dormitories would you recommend? Or any tips?

Thank you so much in advance, I'd appreciate it. Anything you say might help me decide.

Best,
Sarp
User

swien

Rank

Contributing

Contributing

by swien » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:44 pm

Hello.
I stayed in Haus Erazmus, so I can't say much for other two dormitories, but collegues told me that they are both great, so I think you can't go wrong with either on of them. As far as Haus Erazmus dormitory is concerned I can tell you it is also a very good dormitory. And it is quite cheap for what you will get. It is only 240€ per month, but for that you get a lot of comfort. You will most likely get a foreign room-mate too, I hope that is not a problem for you :) In Haus Erazmus you have sauna, fitness and what is really great - rooms where you can study in peace! I studied a lot in study rooms, because it was usually quite loud because of parties and people chatting on halls, kitchens. You know how it goes :)
Take a look here, I found you a video tour of a room in haus erasmus :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Iif1M7EJfQ

enjoy
User

swien

Rank

Contributing

Contributing

by swien » Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:46 pm

Here, I found some good info. Hope it helps ;)

Getting to the Student Dorm HAUS ERASMUS

HAUS ERASMUS

Address: Kenyongasse 23- 25
1070 Vienna, Austria
Tel.: +43-1-90111-120
Fax: +43-1-90111-15
Public Transport: U6 Burggasse/Stadthalle, Tram 49 Burggasse

General description
Newly renovated in 2005! Average space for each student approx. 20 sqm (incl. public space).

Double-room equipment includes:
bathroom
furniture (bed, cabinet, table, shelf)
bedding (including bedspread & pillows, excluding sheet & cover)
cable TV (including device)
telephone mainline
Internet access
weekly cleaning

Public area includes:
one kitchen on every floor (including locked space in the refrigerator and the freezer)
lounges
fitness rooms
study rooms
music rooms
sauna/vapor-bath
bicycle storeroom
laundry facilities
bar
ping pong
billiard
darts

TO TAKE WITH YOU: Bedclothes (while pillow and blanket are in the room) and dishes

Price per place in a month € 245,- for a double room
Extra fees: one-time reservation fee of 75 €, non-refundable (subject to change!)
Deposit: € 500
Renting contract: The minimum contract period is one year

Office Hours
Mo: 9:00 - 16:00
Tue: 9:00 - 16:00
Wed: 9:00 - 16:00
Thu: 9:00 - 16:00
Fri: 9:00 - 13:00

Bank Details:
Bank Name: Erste Bank der Österreichischen Sparkassen AG
Bank Code: 20111
Account No.: 403 172 348 00

IBAN: AT962011140317234800
BIC: GIBAATWW

Contacts: Brandstätte 7-9
1010 Wien
Phone: +43 (0)5 0100 - 13042
Fax: +43 (0)5 0100 9 - 13042
www.sparkasse.at

Attention: In order to transfer the deposit please use the account number stated in the application form.

Note: Please download the House Erasmus code of conduct.

Getting to MIUV:
From Haus Erasmus: you can either walk approx. 15 min in Westbahnstrasse or take the Tram 49, direction Volkstheater and get off in Neubaugasse Station and walk a few minutes.

The closest public transportation means to MIUV are U3 Station Neubaugasse, Tram 49 Siebensterngasse or Neubaugasse, and Bus 13A Siebensterngasse.
Next