Erasmus Forum Italy
To eat a pizza or not to eat a pizza? Erasmus Milan, Rome, Firenze...
User

DeNiro

Rank

Contributing

Contributing

Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:18 pm

Erasmus in Rome - unforgettable!

by DeNiro » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:35 pm

Hi all!
Everyone knows Italy :)
Rome is one of the oldest cities and it sure is beautiful. Do I really have to describe it? Just go there and you will be amazed! The city literary soaks you in :) And its not that expensive either - I spent around 700€/month and I really enjoyed it (meaning I was not saving every cent I could)! The most expensive thing was ofcourse the rent, but other than that everything else is quite cheap - for example bus ticket for one month was about 18€ - that is cheap.
I really love Italian way of life - "take it easy, if you cant do it today, do it tomorrow!" :) Dont get me wrong - i'm not saying that italian people is lazy, they just know how to enjoy life thats all. And staying in Italy for 1 year really taught me to do so. I enjoyed every minute I stayed in that beautiful country. Italian food is just fantasy - i really love pasta, so Rome was a paradise to me :) I could eat it every day.. :)
I also study architecture so choosing Rome was the perfect choice for me - the architecture there is amazing. There are countless beautiful buildings, statues, churches, ... anything you want, just name it :)
Go to Italy, stay there for some time and I bet you will love the country :P
no avatar
User

Cinnamon

Rank

New

New

Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:49 pm

Portugal

Re: Erasmus in Rome - unforgettable!

by Cinnamon » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:56 pm

Hello. I'm sure Rome is delightful and it wouldn't be very hard to adapt but... I'm worried about the teaching method in my area, which is Medicine. I'm considering applying to University "La Sapienza", but I'm afraid the methods will be too different. Can anyone give me any insights? Thanks a lot :)