User

masteror

Rank

Contributing

Contributing

Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:06 pm

My Lisboa (Lisbon) erasmus exchange experience

by masteror » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:20 am

Hi all! I never thought that I could have so much fun on erasmus :-) Well I knew that it is a good experience, but for me it was the best ever! :) I chosed Portugal - Lisbon. I always liked hot places with sea (ocean) and beaches :) I went to Faculdade de Direito da Universidade de Lisboa (link to faculty: http://www.fd.ul.pt Contact person there is Dra. Rosa Guerreiro (erasmusDONTSPAM@fd.ul.pt - remove DONTSPAM from email address).
Here are some information for you if you are going there. Winter semester is from october to december - you can take exams in january. Summer semester is from february to june. You can chose from 50 different courses. Many of these courses are in portugal language so I suggest you learn portuguese before you go.
About student life in Lisbon - there are no student dorms. :-( Private rooms costs about 200-400€ with all expenses included (water, electricity...). The price of room depends when and where you are looking for a room. Many rooms don't have central heating, but they provide heating by electricity - radiators. For food you will spend approximately 150€ per month.
Travel in the city is best by bus, tram or metro. You can rent a bike too. Taxi is not so expensive either - about 1-2 € per kilometre. When I was in Lisboa I went to visit: Belema, Oceanariuma, Castela de Sao Jorge, Sintre, Cabo da Roca, Bairra Alta. We sometimes rented a car - is quite cheap. Also flight tickets are cheap and are worth checking. I suggest you also visit: Porto, Coimbra, Évora and south of Portugal. Overall my experience is 10/10! Portugese people might be a little un-organised and "slow" at doing things :) but they are certainly one of the most kind people in Europe. I am 100% going back to Portugal soon :) :)
no avatar
User

francescogg

Rank

New

New

Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:15 pm

Re: My Lisboa (Lisbon) erasmus exchange experience

by francescogg » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:36 pm

I've also been in Lisboa for Eramus in 2007-08, greatest experience of my life. Even the lack of organization made me feel at home (I'm from Napoli, Italy), lol. I went to Faculdade de Medicina Dentária and I'm currently working here in Lisboa. And of course, as my wife (who I met during my Erasmus experience) is Portuguese, I'll probably stay here definitely.

Btw, if you are coming to Portugal for Erasmus and want to go to the beach, make sure you buy a good sunscreen... otherwise, you'll surely look like a lobster. I thought Italy was hot in the summer time, but it really doesn't compare to this...
User

masteror

Rank

Contributing

Contributing

Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:06 pm

by masteror » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:06 am

Hi there! Nice to hear similar story :) Lisboa is really great! Unfortunately I didn't met my wife in Portugal but I am happy for you. Portugese girls are awesome :P
no avatar
User

Hadiya

Rank

Active

Active

Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:40 am

by Hadiya » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:44 am

Here are some friends of mine talking about their experience in Lisbon ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJXwHfyqd2M